Your Matcha Ritual
Our ceremonial grade Everyday Matcha is a blend of Okumidori & Saemidori cultivars. Vibrant green in colour, this matcha is creamy and perfectly balanced. Ideal for achieving a distinctively grassy flavour in blended drinks. The 20-day shading process before harvest boosts chlorophyll & nutrient content in the leaves, resulting in a potent & fragrant matcha.
- Net Weight : 60g
- Harvest : Spring
- Cultivar : Okumidori & Saemidori
- Origin : Kagoshima
- Flavour Note : BOLD Umami ★★★/ Sweetness ★★★/Bitterness ★★★
- Use : Iced & Lattes
HOW TO PREPARE MATCHA
1. Scoop one teaspoon (2g) of matcha powder.
*2 spoonfuls when using a chashaku –scoop.
2. Using a tea strainer, sift the matcha powder into your tea bowl to get rid of any clumps.
3. Boil soft, filtered or bottled spring water and cool water to 80°C.
Pour 60-70ml of hot water into the tea bowl.
4. Whisk vigorously for 20s using the chasen -bamboo whisk. Move the chasen in a back and forth motion (drawing a “W” shape) using your wrist.
5. After an even layer of foam has formed, whisk the surface of the tea until it has a rich creamy texture. Draw a round circle from the centre of the bowl and lift the whisk.
6. Take a moment. Breathe. And enjoy your bowl of SAYURI Matcha!
31A Duke Street, London, W1U 1LS, UK